Re: Ground Clearance

To: "Joe Timney" <joetimney@dol.net>,
Subject: Re: Ground Clearance
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:58:52 -0600
Yep been smacking the ground at 160+mph.... ouch... tosses the car in
several different directions...

Basically with the Air Ride... I can set it anywhere I want it... we
started out at 2" on the salt and raised it to 4" before we were done....
simply based on compression on the Air Bags....from the down force we
wanted a 2" final number at Speed.

The Salt never touched the air dam so even on a rough course like last year
it was fine.  the only time we would have had a problem was off course like
the tow to and from the course....where a 3" minimum would be fine I
think...

My opinion is that the underside of the Car is very Dirty.... and without
the step pan or the belly pan allowed in other classes minimizing the
airflow forces it over the top and limits the drag on the car overall...

Keith

----------
> From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
> To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
> Cc: tschoen <j82244@fuse.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Ground Clearence
> Date: Thursday, January 13, 2000 3:59 AM
>
> Tim,
>
> Do you have stops on the suspension? If not , you will need to add
them.Maxton
> is rough but this past year so was Bonneville.
>
> Bump stops and the ability to adjust your shock dampening would be
inportant.
> Anybody else have a slant on this?
>

> John Beckett wrote:
>
> >     Tim
> >
> >     I think Keith ran his on the ground one run at Maxton, literally.
Don't
> > believe he liked it much either.
> >      I have run as little as one inche at Bonenville, but considering
down
> > force two inches seems to be about right for me.
> >
> >     John Beckett, ECTA/BNI #79

Schoeny