Front Spoiler

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Spoiler
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:41:08 -0700
Group;
I am on another list (open-road racing) where a raging argument
(discussion) is taking place regarding the "best" type of material to
use to fabricate a front spoiler for a Corvette. Like land speed cars,
about 1" from the deck is desired, and stiff enought as to not fold
under with the wind. Also, like land speed cars, speeds in the 2-bill
range are desired. However, since these races are run on uneven
(sometimes bumpy) blacktop roads, fiberglass and metal are out as the
car often bottoms out. A hard rubber or some other similar material
would be preferable as it would give when ion contact with the pavement.
I have used a spoiler made of hard plastic (ABS) for years, but the
company is now out of business. Does anybody out there have a suggestion
for a spoiler material. Can anybody offer a suggestion for a material,
preferably cut-to -fit that would work as a front spoiler for a
Corvette?
Thanks in advance,
Ed
C/GT #128
In the desert, where it will be close to 80 deg today :)