Re: Ground Clearence

To: tschoen <j82244@fuse.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ground Clearence
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:58:42 -0800
Tim, I think that it depends on the shape of the bottom of the car. I mean
that with a smooth bottom (bellypan or the bottom of tank), one can run
closer to the ground. With a car that has no belly pan, I think that
getting the air out from under it is very important to reducing drag under
the car. Also it helps hold the car on the ground. So an air dam would
help. Some 'liners run "on" the ground, I run an inch or two up in the
front and 4-5 up in the rear.
Again there are as many ways to do it as there are people who do it.
I love hot rodding!
Skip Higginbotham in central Texas.....cooler today! 8:56 AMCST (go
on....ask how much cooler)