Honest Charley

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Honest Charley
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:41:10 -0800 (PST)
Honest Charlie.  Gawd, I havn't heard that in a
zillion years.  If it hadn't been for Honest
Charlie, there wouldn't have been a sponsor for
Movin' and Groovin (cover name for rock and roll)
on WCKY in Cincinnatti, and I never would have
been able to go to sleep at night.  WCY was one
of those first 100,000 watt clear channel radio
stations back in the days of Alan Freed and
Wolfman Jack, and if you lived anywhere from the
Atlantic to the Pacific, you could pick it up on
a good night.  I had a covert earphone jack on my
bedside radio for nearly a year before my mom
discovered it and realized I had been listening
to the radio long after she looked in on me and
thought i was sound asleep. I ordered honest's
catalog and read it until the pages curled up at
the corners.  Between his catalog and Almquist, I
was going to build the neatest rod in the world.

=====
Dick J
in east Texas
ECTA #72  FX/GMR