Re: Honest Charley

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honest Charley
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:24:33 EST
In a message dated 01/18/2000 11:44:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 Honest Charlie.  Gawd, I havn't heard that in a
 zillion years.  If it hadn't been for Honest
 Charlie, there wouldn't have been a sponsor for
 Movin' and Groovin (cover name for rock and roll)
 on WCKY in Cincinnatti, and I never would have
 been able to go to sleep at night.  WCY was one
 of those first 100,000 watt clear channel radio
 stations back in the days of Alan Freed and
 Wolfman Jack, and if you lived anywhere from the
 Atlantic to the Pacific, you could pick it up on
 a good night.  I had a covert earphone jack on my
 bedside radio for nearly a year before my mom
 discovered it and realized I had been listening
 to the radio long after she looked in on me and
 thought i was sound asleep. I ordered honest's
 catalog and read it until the pages curled up at
 the corners.  Between his catalog and Almquist, I
 was going to build the neatest rod in the world.

Dick,
    I have Honest Charley listed as a sponsor on the side of my Ardun powered
Dragmaster Dart 120" wheelbase slingshot. Very few people who see the car
even know who he was.
    Does anybody know if he's still alive?
            Ardun Doug in CA
            XXF/FMR # 1313