Sanchez-Locasto Studebaker

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Sanchez-Locasto Studebaker
From: Ugo Fadini <ugo.fadini@abc.it>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:53:34 +0100
Hi everybody,

I have an odd request...
Does any of you know what COLOR was the Sanchez-Locasto Studebaker
chopped-top "Loewy" coupe that ran in 1960 and 1961 (and possibly later
again), setting records in both A and B fuel classes?

You may remember that I am a model maker. Well, another italian model maker
(name of the firm is TOM) has a 1/43 master ready for this car, but could
not find a color picture anywhere. From the b&w photos it looks a very
light color, with the numbers in either black, or a dark color anyway.

If you don't know the answer, but can help me to contact the former
owners/builders (hoping that they are still with us) that would be
wonderful.

Oh, by the way, welcome Arie!

And since Arie has brought in the subject of model cars again: just in case
any of you cares for Bonneville cars, well, I have models of Al Teague's,
Hoffman-Markley's and The Redhead streamliners available, which I myself
make, 1/43 scale, ready built and very high quality (you can see them on
the Hoffman and Teague websites).
Also Ermie Immerso's Thunderbird Turbine, Art Arfons Anteater, Lee Chapel's
Tornado, Summers Brothers' "polywog" and Knot Farrington's streamlined
T-bird  by two other italian firms. All 1/43, all ready built. No web site
yet, sorry...
(End of promotional space...)

Ugo Fadini
Padova - Italy