Re: Sanchez-Locasto Studebaker

To: ugo.fadini@abc.it, saltracer@awwwsome.com, ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sanchez-Locasto Studebaker
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:42:11 EST
          Hello  Ugo,     I  have a color photo showing the famed  Belmont
Sanchez
Stude in the background .   The car is a light yellow,  and has the number
400 on
the door, and is running in  " B "  Comp  Coupe  class,  lettered as the   "
KRASNE
HI - MATIC   Brake  Lining  Special " .    The  Team  was  San Chez - Kamboor
-
Locasto  .   I  am not positive, but think  Kamboor was known as  " Big  Jim
",  and
it was  Joe  Locasto .   I   believe that the year was  1959, and it turned a
speed
of   213 .19  to set a class record .      I   think   Tom  Bryant, and maybe
 " ARDUNDOUG "  King,  have  extensive  records on  Bonneville / Dry  Lake
racing
that could confirm what year / class / speed, etc .    They might have photos
and
other inside knowledge of these teams and their cars.   You probably have been
on this list long enough to know their involvement in drag racing, lakes and

Bonneville goes well back into the  Fifties .    The  COMBINED  racing  and
automobile knowledge / experience of   ALL  members on this  list is
staggering,
and it certainly would make a  HUGE,  VERY  INTERESTING  book  !
           I  believe  Belmont  San Chez  is still with us, and living in, or
near,  Hemet,
California .   Many of our  West  Coast  members might be able to assist you
on
this,  some may even know him .    I  saw  Kamboor  running a dragster at
LIONS
drag strip in southern  California back in  1956 and ' 57, but do not know if
he or
Joe  Locasto are still around  ---  others here probably do know .
          I  hope this helps you a bit, and can we expect to see you " on the
salt ? "
               Good  Luck  on  your  projects, Ugo  !    Ciao  !
                                 Bruce  Ferguson
"