Re: Sanchez-Locasto Studebaker

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sanchez-Locasto Studebaker
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:41:22 -0800
Glen, Ugo,
I was crewing the Stude then. The color was yellow and the name on the side
was Imperial 400 Motel. Glen, I think you are right that the lettering was
blue. I will consult my 8mm movies of the race in 61 and see. Joe Locasto
drove but Belmont and Clark Cagle ran the car. I was learning how to spell
Bonneville Salt Flats then. This was even before the Herda experience.
Seems like Joe crashed a stock bodied Stude the same year.
Skip Higginbotham