Morris 1275's and Crosley's

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, kturk@ala.net
Subject: Morris 1275's and Crosley's
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:14:18 EST
Keith and Group,
    I just returned from an auction in Northern CA. The goodies included
several Flatty motors in various stages of rust, as well as a number of
Crosley (1948-?) engines, both apart and together. The only Flatty I bought
was a stripped and dis-assembled 59-A block (I wonder what the guy who
disassembled it found that made hil discard it?).
    They wouldn't release any of the purchases the day of the auction, so
when I went back today for my purchases someone else had included the Flatty
block with another batch and it was gone.
    What I'm looking for is info on the Crosley motors. I have a fascination
for odd, small engines, and there were several at the auction which I bought.
One is a complete marine I / O setup with a marine converted Crosley. If
anyone has a line on Crosley info on the net I would appreciate hearing about
it. I understand that the Crosley motor was used in Thermo-King truck
refrigeration units as well as cars and boats. I'm also told that the
commercial and marine units had steel cranks and hotter cams. The marine unit
I got has dual carbs.
    Keith, maybe you can answer this for me. I also bought a complete British
4 cyl. motor that looks like my Morris Minor 1275 powerplant. It has dual
carbs, a mechanical fuel pump, an inspection cover over the tappett
compartment, and the number 950 cast on the side of the block in large
letters.
    Help on either of these subjects from anybody will be appreciated.
                                        Ardun Doug in CA
                                        # 1313 XXF / FMR