Re: [Re: FX/GMR Engineering]

To: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: FX/GMR Engineering]
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:34:03 -0800
One thing most don't worry about is weight at Bonneville as we need it for
traction. So anything going behind the driver should have a well fabricated
bulkhead to protect the driver from that end as well as the firewall on the
front
end. Speaking from experience as I have been involved at every incident at SCTA
and BNI events since 1983 I have seen many things that could have been prevented
from causing injury. All of this is documented and reported to the safety rules
committee after each incident. Many are incorporated in the next rule book.

We learn from others errors and try to assure we can keep it from happening
again.
Nothing is 100% but each year when the season is over many hours are spent on
safety and the training of inspectors. It's not an easy or gratifing job but
when
your efforts save the skin on some ones butt it's worth it. It's very difficult
say let's not add rules and changes to the rule book but that will never happen,
they are there for the racer and his protection. Believe me I would rather write
rule changes than accident reports. Nuff said for now.

Glen