Tachs one more time

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tachs one more time
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:05:03 -0600
Doug and group.

As I read the 99 rule book the good old days are still here regarding
streamliners in the long course.  It was a good thing for us because we only
hit about 165 to 170 in the quarter with a one speed or a 4 speed.

My approach to running a longevity-challened engine is to keep my foot on
the clutch petal to disengage at the slightest hint of a blow-up.  Locking
up the engine, thus the wheels, and the subsequent spin are not to be looked
forward to.

I am enjoying the various discussions about the weather.  Yesterday our all
time record low for the day was 33 below in 1972.  The all time record high
for the same day was 68 in about 1965. This possible swing of 100 degrees
for the same day is fairly typical of the plains climate where we can expect
most anything.  This year we haven't had any winter yet.

Dave in Lincoln
Would you believe the state motto is
"Flatheads Forever" ?
#322XFBSTR