Re: Youngsters

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@earthlink.net>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Youngsters
From: "LandSpeed Louise" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 17:05:40 -0800

Glenn Barrett's comments are precisely what the sport needs to flourish.
With so much competing for the attention of youngsters, the responsibility
of attracting "new blood" falls to those already involved.

Shirking that duty may cause a "flatline" whihc will eventually kill the
sport when too few dedicated and knowledgeable and safety conscious sare
around to put a meet together.

On another painful note, My hard drive took a header into cyber oblivion
Saturday morning. With it went the Bonneville book, all my notes, email
address book and my racers database. We are sorting through the backups to
see what survived and I am shipping the drive off to a big money doc to try
to save the data, but I am not hopeful.

I ask all racers to send me a message with theior contact info so that I
might rebuild from the smoldering ashes.  Anyone with a contact database who
might be willing share with me would be fantastic.

I got word from MBI Friday . . . it is official, they want me to write a
book on the history of the dry lakes. So any help anyone can offer would be
very much appreciated.

I am devastated. three years of notes, database and email compilation gone,
all gone.

Sigh,

LandSpeed Louise