Re: Winter lessons

To: V4GR@aol.com, wspotter@jps.net, OHFASTONE@aol.com, joetimney@dol.net,
Subject: Re: Winter lessons
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:44:12 -0700
Rich,
You Californians may be able to bluff the folks back East but I lived in
California.  One of the coldest evenings I ever spent was on Hollywood Blvd.
watching the Christmas Parade.  I froze my butt off and I was wearing a down
parka and sweater that I regularly wore skiing.  The problem was that I
wasn't wearing long johns under my khakis.  The starlets in the parade were
wearing furs, smiles and I forget what else.  Then there are the summer days
at Fort Ord on the firing range when Sergeant Irish required us to wear long
johns, gloves, field jackets and should have had us wear more, an August
concert at Boulevard Park in Concord when the fog rolled in and a July 4th
at the beach at Half Moon Bay.  Maybe the last is tainted because the folks
from the nudist beach up the way were strolling by wearing chattering teeth
and goose-bumps.
Wes ... near where it was 14 degrees this morning and 50 this afternoon.
joetimney@dol.net,owner-land-speed@autox.team.net