Spec Racer / publicity

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spec Racer / publicity
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:35:38 -0600
Okay I have thought about it again.... which I have to do each time I drag
this old subject out of the closet..... and Dick is really right.... We
don't need a spec racer... we already have records and classes that aren't
expensive and especially at Maxton several records that are attainable on a
very small budget.

Forget who mentioned Publicity but the more I mull it over in my mind (easy
task by the way.... Lots of empty room) The more I realize it's about
telling folks about the Hobby and pointing out that there are still folks
out there trying to set records in Land Speed racing....

All of us do lots to promote the hobby .... we have talked a bit about it
in the past.... but if you have an opportunity in the future to drag you
car to your local shows and let folks see us.... Well.... Exposure is half
of it I think.... I  remember the first time I saw a group of Cars at the
fathers day Show in La... and it really did let me know that the hobby was
alive.

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)