Re: Intro

To: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>,
Subject: Re: Intro
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:38:31 -0800 (PST)

--- Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
wrote:
I just
> think that parts for the De
> Soto are going to be hard to find and then find
> again later.
> I may well be wrong on this. What does
> everybody else think?

I race hemis and flatheads because I luv 'em.
But, I'd be the first to tell you that you could
buy a whole truckload of good stuff for a Chev SB
quicker and cheaper than you could find one
needed piece for those good ol' hemis.  Put it
this way, what Desoto part can you find listed in
the Summit catalog???? Oh, those old hemi parts
are out there, and there are even places that
specialize in them, but they're about ten
thousand to one out-numbered by Chevy sources.
Hey, if the starter on your Chev SB goes out, you
can get a replacement on Sunday morning at Trac
Auto on the way from the motel to the track at
Maxton - try that with a Desoto!  (I sure hope
you build the Desoto though.)

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........