Re: Prep for accidents

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Prep for accidents
From: "george mitchell" <americanpartnerinrussia@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:17:02 -0200
Hey guys , I do not have my new rule book yet ( just sent the money out
yesterday)  but to get my lisence for IHRA (9.99 or quicker ) in my drag car
I had to do a "blindfold test." You strap in the car ,suited up,gloves,etc
put on a blindfold and then your helmet.. The inspector can give you two
options at his discretion.
1. The car is on fire ----get out now!
2. (or, the easy one ) shut the car off and get out
guess which one I got.

Either one you have to practice .
It helps in planning when the car goes together. I don't know if this
practice is utilized in this organization , but it is something to consider,
if not .

Also on the cut off switch issue , where ever it is placedor marked,  IMHO,
I think the safest motion for "off" should be Push. In my drag car ,the
battery is in the trunk but the cutoff switch is mounted to the roll cage. A
thin piece of chrome moly with a knob on the end comes through the body .
When you push or pull it levers the cut off switch back and forth.
I made the off position push because even if someone has to push it with
thier foot , they can still kill the electrics from outside.
 George in DC