Re: Wheels and Tires for the porsche

To: George Mitchell <americanpartner@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Wheels and Tires for the porsche
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:24:36 -0800
George, I use the 5/8 truck studs with the big flat 1" nuts. Check with
the tire maker as to the wheel width the tire is made for. I use the
goodyear landspeed eagle so I use the 4 1/2 wide. When you get your
tires Have them show you the mold marks and try and get a pair from the
same mold. For sure after you mount them, air them up and roll them out
to be sure they are the same dia. Hardness (durometer) does not seem to
matter. Offset is what ever fits under your car best.
                        The other Doug in cal