cranks and pistons

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: cranks and pistons
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:40:31 EST
Hello list.   I`m looking into getting a crank made with a stroke of 2.90.
How is the best way to go about this for a chevy small block. I haven`t seen
any cranks like this for sale in any of the performance books. Do they have
to weld up your old crank and turn it down to destroke? Also I called JE
piston company and they said it would be a special order item. Does anyone
know of a company that would have 4.030 or 4.060 piston to be used with a 6
inch rod and a 2.90 crank.   Thanks Larry McAfee