Land Speed Races

To: Wendy Jeffries <salt@ivic.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Land Speed Races
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:34:36 -0800 (PST)
So where all in the world are LSR events held.  I
used to think only Bonneville, El Mirage and
Muroc, then I learned about Maxton (relatively
new), and Black Rock Desert, NV, as well as the
big lakebed in Australia(is there more than one
LSR track there?).  Now I gather that trials are
still run in England.  Years ago I lived in
Berlin and they held sanctioned events right on
the Berlin Autobahn.  Knowing Germans the way I
do, they must still have someplace to run as fast
as their cars can go.  Is there a site in Japan?
There are for sure a lot of "gear heads" there.
I visited Galveston, Texas a few months ago and
was surprised that the beaches are open for
driving.  A lot like Daytona was back in the 40s
and 50s, although nobody races there, you could
get an easy fifteen mile run if the access roads
could be closed off.  I squinted my eyes real
hard and pretended that I was going really fast!
ha ha!  I sure did remember that ride my dad gave
me in his 300C Chrylser on Daytona's beach
though. If there are other sites/tracks out
there, it would be interesting to compile a list
of them here on our list.  Are we "touching"
everybody yet?

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........