Re: Land Speed Races

To: landspeedracer@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Land Speed Races
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 22:31:16 EST
 HH                 Hi  John,  Thanks for the info on  Moultrie  -----  I
had guessed you
                   and the  ECTA were tied into any such events down that way
.  I  have
                   to cut this short as my 'puter screen is screwing up : it'
s narrowing up
                   and  I  can' t even see the left side, and my wife bought
this monitor
                   brand new while  I  was at  Speed Week last  August ------
 they just
                   don' t make stuff like they used to ------ as somebody ( ?
) said  LONG
                   AGO !   If you lived way up here near frigid  New England
,  I  would
                  have invited you, a couple of weeks ago, to join us
tomorrow ( Sat )
                  night at our annual  Conn. Dragway mid winter  Slide Show,
a neat get
                   together of ( mostly ) greybeard hot rodders and drag
racer has beens
                   like myself ----- last year they even had about 100 slides
of  Bonneville
                   1998 ---- in fact my wife nearly jumped off her seat when
Doug, Darrell
                   showed up, checking out  Teague' s hemi  !   It' s mostly
50s / 60s /
                   and 70s Northeast drag stuff ,  and lotsa good racegab
before & after .
                   Dirty Doug Anderson and Joe Timney MIGHT show up, and
RAWAWA
                   Bob Wanner said he would be there since his streamliner is
being
                   worked on in a shop near Waterbury, Ct. , less than 10
miles from our
                   meet . Kinda neat to talk with guys ya raced with /
against over 35
                   years ago , ' cept we all look a helluva lot different !
Well, this screen
                   looks so distorted that it' s making me dizzy ( or dizzier
than usual ) ,
                   sorry if spacing looks weird, but prolly won' t on your '
puter .  I' ve had
                   flathead fuel pump pushrods and  Duntov cams that took a
real lickin'
                   and just kept on tickin' ----- but  I  guess some of these
electronic
                   marvels aren' t up to that kinda longevity -----  planned
obsolescence,
                   I suspect  !      Can' t handle this " bent " screen any
more  ----- HOPE
                   to visit  Maxton before  Speedweek , maybe with  Tom  Shea
or
                   John Linville or even  joe ( Dirty Doug ) boogie ------
what a  TRIP
                   that would be !!!      That' s it ----  I  think my
eyeball just fell on the
                   keyboard -------   Always keep in mind what you well know
-------
                            Small  Block  Chev  is  the  cheapest  way  to
GO   FAST  !!!
                                                                 B D F