Re: World, National Records

To: "Ron Christensen" <ron.christensen@wsapr.com>,
Subject: Re: World, National Records
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:42:39 -0500
    Ron

    Guess I look at it a little differently. Bonneville is as INTERNATIONAL
as it gets. There are competitors from Japan, England, New Zealand,
Australia and probably others as well. I think if you questioned Leigh
Fielder, after he set his record on the Salt in 1998, I bet he'd consider it
an INTERNATIONAL effort. If Al Teague ran a 415 MPH average at Lake Gairdner
in '95 wouldn't that be a World record? To me it would. I don't think the
name of the sanctioning body is necessarily the only criteria for World
Record status.
    El-Mirage, Muroc and Maxton are what I would classify as National events
and subsequently National records.