Re: Salt build-up & Chuck's e-mail

To: "dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Salt build-up & Chuck's e-mail
From: "Butters Family" <bbutters@dmi.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:40:04 -0800
         Russ,   A couple of weeks ago I responded to an ad From Industrial
Coating Alliance Group Who sell a product called supertherm, thinking about
using it on my firewall and interior of my roof to keep the car cooler.
Talked to the president and then was referred to Bill Calhoon. He is a
partner and used to work with Bobby Alison, I think he said they were
partners, and know sells this product to Nascar Teams for various heat
control issues. Bill said they ran a test on a 400H.P. 350 chev on the dyno
first with uncoated headers then coated ones, picked up 9 hp with no other
changes. Told me that the NASA engineers said that  When hot gasses flow
threw a pipe  that is ceramic coated it keeps the gas ses from tumbling,
sort of like hundreds of little tornadoes.  Comments please, they sent me a
gallon of their Super therm 2001 at less than 1/2 price to try out, so we
will see how it does. Would consider sending you my headers but I would be
embarrassed to have you look at them critically. Kvach, the nostalgia blown
hemi man