Re: Salt build-up & Chuck's e-mail

To: "Butters Family" <bbutters@dmi.net>, "dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>,
Subject: Re: Salt build-up & Chuck's e-mail
From: "David Haller" <dhaller@techline.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 06:56:39 -0800
I can assure you that Russ will not embarrass you in any way. My headers
were heat wrapped and had el mirage dirt and bonneville salt stuck to the
headers from years of running at both places. We pulled the wrap off and
looked at the most ugly set of headers on the west coast. Rust, pitted, just
plain ugly. I took them to Russ, held my breath and asked if he could save
them. He politely assured me he could and he did. He found two small pin
holes in them, repaired that and advised me one more season on them would
have made them unusable again. They are now good for the life of the car and
look really good,
Dave Haller #93