Garbage truck motor

To: Mike <OHFASTONE@aol.com>
Subject: Garbage truck motor
From: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:35:48 -0800
Hi Mike....Russ here
I coined the words "garbage truck motor"  because it's so easy to make
garbage out of the bottom end of the motors.  I run GMC's - 6's.  Jimmys
were truck motors built from the 30's through 50's.  The most common
being the 302's and 270's--with only 4 main bearings and a crank heavy
enough to sink a battle ship at 6000 these motors can make a real mess
out of the bottom end.  If you looked at the BMR coupe at bonneville
this year, after they blew it, you could look at one side of the block
and out the other.  But they are fun  motors to
use and I'll probably never switch.  Anyone who can make them run 200
mph or better has got my respect.  Rich Fox, who is on this list, has
run them and still holds the bonneville record in XO/BGALT set in 1980.
This year at bonneville there were about 7 GMC powered cars on the salt.

Russ XO MR
The garbage truck motor man