Notable new member to our list

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Notable new member to our list
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:05:19 EST
       Keith ,  List ,    Today  I  learned of a new member to our little
band of speed enthusiasts here ,  and  I  hope you will all join me in
welcoming this gentleman
from the  Los  Angeles area ,  a regular runner at the lakes and on the salt
,  and
one half of the two man team that fields one the fastest and classiest
roadsters to be
found at  LSR  events  .  I  was fortunate to make his acquaintance at
Bonneville
in  1998 ,  and  I  know many on this list know him , and are aware of the
accomplishments of their team :  the well  known   Barbee  Boys  .
  Welcome aboard ,  Gene  Barbee  ,  your  expertise should prove helpful to
many
of us on the list  !
      Keith ,  I' ll  leave it up to you to elicit a few words from  Gene ,
as you are
the  O FISH UL  welcomer  !
                                            Bruce  F .