Wing vs Spoiler

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, ARDUNDOUG@aol.com,
Subject: Wing vs Spoiler
From: George Mitchell <americanpartner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:17:24 -0800 (PST)
List,
 I got the rule book this morning-- thanks Wendy.
Now I have a couple of questions.
 In MS ,the rule says that spoilers have to be factory
with documentation. I was trying to find in the
rulebook the definition difference between a spoiler
and a wing .
 Most  of the pictures that I have of MS cars have  a
fabricated wing on the tail end. The Porsche has a
spoiler in the rear but I will throw it in the trash
in favor of a fabricated one.
The thing that is confusing me is a spoiler to me is
something that has its flat portion attatched to the
car as describe in the drawings in the rulebook.
A wing would be attatched to the body by posts --
raised off of the body( think a top fuel wing )
Am I just thinking about this too much ?
Should I just put an "item" that looks like the
picture in the rulebook on my car and forget about it
?

George in 65 and sunny DC

Do You Yahoo!?