Re: V4GR Roadster Considering V1 Rocket Power ?

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: V4GR Roadster Considering V1 Rocket Power ?
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:39:01 -0700
John,
If you go to the USGS/BLM report link on our web page you will find that the
sub-structure is as important as the surface for good racing conditions.
That underlying silt is very fine and contrubutes to the surface by the
percolation of brine from that strata to the salt surface and the subsequent
deposit of salt "flowerettes" on top of the existing surface.  Not a simple
situation out there.  Rick Vesco is the man who best understands what went
on with that incident.  Corner him on the salt and ask questions when he
isn't too busy.  Perhaps you should find him in Wendover while he is waiting
to be served his dinner ... he will have more time.
Wes
<john@engr.wisc.edu>