Re: V4GR Roadster Considering V1 Rocket Power ?

To: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>, Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Subject: Re: V4GR Roadster Considering V1 Rocket Power ?
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:32:49 -0700
John,
The Toyota shoot three or so years ago showing the car racing on the large
curved structures in front of a huge ball was shot on the salt.  After the
shoot, the production company brought in a large bulldozer, dug a hole in
the middle of the International Course and pushed all the debris into it.
RACERS found the obscene mess after they left and alerted the BLM to the
problem.  The BLM made the production company clean it up, but will that
hole ever heal?
One other problem from my personal standpoint ... The BLM charges fees and
makes us even smooth out tire tracks along the access road on occasion with
our drags.  Their people hound us some years about every ticky thing,
cigarette butts left in the spectator areas, oil spills, coolant spills,
wind blown debris.  One year we were fined for a port-a-potty the John
Company left out at the far end of the course.   Where the hell were they
when this was going on and how much was the production company charged?
Wes