Re: V4GR Roadster Considering V1 Rocket Power ?

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: V4GR Roadster Considering V1 Rocket Power ?
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:34:46 -0700
Joe,
I was skiing at Deer Valley alongside the take off ramps for the aerials
competition.  Gave me an idea ... remember those ramps they had for Hot
Wheels cars to do loops and things?  We could get the production people who
do the Toyota ads to build us a "return" structure ... then we could have a
full course length for stopping.  The G forces  could be bad at speed
though.
Wes
----------
> [...]
> Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:47:28 -0700
>
>Wes, they can figure out how to shut them off after 7 miles, ... and it
will
>stop..............., but the new rules instated to compare apples to
apples,
>requires the V1 to be sleeved down or else it will be competing against the
>Thiokol powered beasts, sounds like a little fun, but without the challenge
>pushing this power against mother earth, it sounds like you need big
sponsors, I
>think I will stick with my rocket powered by
>aspirations-shoestrings-nickels-sack lunches and family support and keep
trying
>to get through someones accurately  timed clocks as quick as I can
>Joe :)
>
>Wester S Potter wrote:
>
>> ----------
>> From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
>> To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
>> Subject: Re: V4GR  Roadster  Considering  V1  Rocket  Power  ?
>> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:58:52 -0700
>>
>> There's an inventory discrepancy on Titan Missle motors at Hill AFB
twenty
>> five miles from here.  Could be some floating around loose that could be
>> acquired.  Perhaps you could contact Mayf and figure out how to shut one
of
>> those down after seven miles.........and stop.
>> Wes
>> ----------
>> > From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
>> > To: land-speed@autox.team.net
>> > Subject: Fwd: V4GR  Roadster  Considering  V1  Rocket  Power  ?
>> > Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:32:06 EST
>> >

>> >--part1_db.18a70e0.25e5b9e6_boundary
>> >

>> >--part1_db.18a70e0.25e5b9e6_boundary

>> >From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
>> >Full-name: FastmetalBDF
>> >Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:27:40 EST
>> >Subject: V4GR  Roadster  Considering  V1  Rocket  Power  ?
>> >To: V4GR@aol.com, saltrat@pro-blend.com, land-speed@autox.com
>> >
>> >       Hi  Rich,   You could be right ;  there might have been reed
valves
>> in
>> >those
>> >nasty  V1  forerunners to the much larger  V2  rockets ,  but  I  recall
>> >seeing
>> >cutaway drawings which showed a " door " of  vanes ,  looking very much
>> like
>> >venetian blinds ,  and opening and closing in the same manner ,  mounted
>> >short
>> >distance in from the air intake ,  and it was stated that their purpose
was
>> >control the air flow by rapidly fluttering open and closed in time with
the

>> >combustion
>> >sequence  .    Just my take on how the incoming air was handled
--------
>> >they
>> >seemed to make a lot of power with cheap fuel and very few parts  !
>> >      Hope you aren' t considering mounting one on your roadster  !
It