Aero Question

To: <V4GR@aol.com>, <lemay@hiwaay.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Aero Question
From: "george mitchell" <americanpartnerinrussia@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:37:32 -0200
Hey there list ,
The Porsche made some progress this wekend .  The front end is off and I
have started measuring and laying out the steel for the new frame. By the
way I am using .134 M/S  to be safe on the rules . (plus I had some ).I need
to get a hydralic attachment for my bender --- its a pain.
 Anyway , I was I was looking at some pictures of some cars out there and
most of them (door cars) slope way down at the front in what I assume is to
reduce frontal area .
 Here is my question. Formula one cars are slick and smooth and R& D'ed out
in the wind tunnel and they seem to bulge up in the front . This I know is
to get the air up and over the driver's compartment and to make it hit the
rear spoiler as quickly as possible . Remember I am talking about F1 not
Indy cars . Indy cars seem to slope down in front . Does anyone know why the
difference?
Since I am leaving it a full cockpit (chopped but not roadster)I was
thinking that to get the air over the windshield and onto the
spoiler --experimenting with a slightly raised sheetmetal nose to try and
get it done .  ---without increasing frontal a lot ( My front track is going
to be 45 inches so it might be about  the same as a wider slope nose -- ya
know?)
Has anyone tried this with any success ? I would appreciate the lists input.
 George in DC

Also , there were not any negative  reactions  to the for sale listing
. ---I have to finish up another project.
I am looking for as complete a changeover to four speed for a 68-72 A body
GM. Pedals , Tranny ,clutch , shifter, etc. I am looking for a wide ratio
but a close will do . It is going in a Buick so saginaws will break coming
out of the driveway  so muncies or better would be great. Finishing this
sucker and selling it will get me to the salt quicker .
 Please emal me off list americanpartnerinrussia@starpower.net
Thanks