........ Better Late than Never !

To: speedtimer@earthlink.net
Subject: ........ Better Late than Never !
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:13:10 EST
       Hi  Glen ,   I  was glad to see your message of welcome to  Gene
Barbee
show up in my email this morning  .   I  was very surprised when  Keith didn'
respond ,  or anyone else ,  as  I  feel  Gene and  Alan ,  and both their
ladies ,
and the little jewel of a roadster they run and garner records with ,
present a
very favorable example of the many fine people and teams to be found involved
in  LSR  racing  .   I  wondered if my welcoming message had " gotten thru " ,
and now  I see it did  .   Keith was probably busy at the time ........  I
met him
on the salt last  August ....... he and  Darrell are buddies already ........
and he
seems to be a fun guy / character !     I  think he is in the  LA  ( your ? )
area
now ......... (  I  lived in the  LA area from  56 to 58  )  ......... and
Mary Ann and
I  will be visiting  Darrell in the  Bay  Area in less than two weeks  .
      I  came across an article on timing / J.  Otto  Crocker  in an old
Popular
Science or  Mechanics last year ,  way before  I  was on this list ,  and if
I  can
locate it  I' ll make a copy for you  .     I also have ten or twelve photos
of the
red  Porsche  ( after accident ) from last  August ,  as  Darrell and  I and
my pal
Tom Shea ,  who now owns the classy mod roadster that belonged to  John
Wolfe,
were on the scene three or four mins. afterwards  .   I  don' t have a
scanner  YET ,
but sure hope to within a month or two  .
     Thanks again for helping to welcome Gene to our list  ...........  I
hope to meet
you and other list people at  El  Mirage in  May  !
      I  ALSO hope all the rainy weather you guys have been getting has ceased
before we touch down in  SF  !
             Bruce  Ferguson on sunny ,  warmer  Connecticut  shoreline
        usta live in Bell Gardens ...... Bell  ( ' bout five blocks from Bell
Auto Parts )
     ...... and  Los  Feliz ......  many moons ago  ......