Re: This isn't rick is it?

To: Robert Parent <rparent34@home.com>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: This isn't rick is it?
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:22:33 -0800 (PST)

--- Robert Parent <rparent34@home.com> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
> No, this ain't rick. Is there a Rick Parent
> with a 34 Ford? This is Robert,
> the lerker, who phill mentioned a few weeks ago
> thinking about converting
> his supercomp 23T roadster (NHRA) car to a LSR
> car. Hey, thanks for all the
> feedback on that thread.  I've been on the list
> for a few months now but had
> to re-up because I changed my ISP. Hot Rods
> have been in my blood since the
> first time I heard a ford flathead crank and
> run, which was around 1947 when
> my dad fired up his 37 ford coupe (60 horse)
> with open exhaust (I was 4
> years old). Still got all the hot rod magazines
> I bought since 1956 and use
> to study them in class just like yall said.
> Started building hot rods
> (street and drag racers) at 15 and still have
> most of them. Being from
> Louisiana, I could only dream of going to
> Bonneville and the dry lakes for
> many years. In 1992, my wife and I made it to
> speed week and had a blast.
> Thought I had died and gone to hot rod heaven!
> Been to drag races and rod
> runs most of my life but none compare to the
> site where the rubber hits the
> salt! Great people and real hot rods. We plan
> to make it to Maxton in July
> this year (get that Phill) and to the dry lakes
> in the near future. Got too
> many projects going at present to build a LSR
> but if I keep tuning in on
> this list and getting visits from Phill (he's
> building a FX/BGMR), some of
> the other projects may get pushed. I did get
> the 2000 rule book! This list
> is great, good information, laughs, and good
> people.
> God Bless,
> Robert (from the swamps of La.)
This isn't rick is it?

 Hey Robert, welcome to the list and the salt
fever gang.  Your life story sounds like a mirror
image of mine.  For me, Bonneville had always
been one of those dreams you always just accept
as a fantasy until a couple of years ago when my
wife told me that the only difference between the
dreamers and the doers is that the doers just go
out and do it.  There ain't no magic about it.
So, here I am, one season into my LSR career
(started at Maxton with a mildly warmed over
pocket rocket) and now I have a 75% completed
roadster, planning on making it's virgin run at
Maxton in July.  Phil and I chat a lot as we are
about at the same stage on our cars.  Although
his is more sophisticated and high-tech than mine.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........
.....Shelby  427 Cobra.......