Re: goodguy, YES ........ geezer, NO !

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: goodguy, YES ........ geezer, NO !
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:14:52 -0800
Well Tom you have about 5 on me. Will be 65, 6-14 I too saw things from the past
drift by. When I was  a lad and my dad was overseas in WWll we lived in No
Carolina
on a farm where the water was a hand pump in the kitchen, the out house was just
that, we had kerosine lighting ,a wood burning stove and the pleasure of seeing
how
hard it was to survive with everything to eat was grown, your milk was from a
cow
and we slopped the hogs for pork later on. Eggs were from the hen house as well
as
the chicken whos neck was rung for a dinner.

IM glad to have been through it, kids today have no idea how to make their own
fun
and get all of the work done before play. We have our toys but they came the
hard
way from a junk yard and we the hot rodders of today and yesterday are better
people
because of it. GEEZERS rule my elder friends of land speed racing.
Glen