Re: TLC disappointed

To: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@amoproductions.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TLC disappointed
From: "David Haller" <dhaller@techline.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:09:45 -0800
List,
I agree, it was a great piece of work but it did not spend any time on the
majority of genius displayed at every meet by the diversity of racers,
personalities and machines coming from everywhere you could think of. I do
not agree that turbine's are the wave of the future. A big part for all of
us is an internal combustion engine singing off into the distance making
extreme speed with someone with a very long leg at the controls, and in one
case I know of a very long arm. There is nothing on this planet that can
raise goose bumps quicker for me than  the throaty sound of an internal
combustion engine under full power running the long black line. Turbines as
you know make great speed and as such should enjoy their own class in land
speed racing. Legends like Al Teague should never have to be concerned about
a turbine taking his record away. As Al himself said, records are made to be
broken, should be by the same type of power in my narrow opinion. The
program did accomplish one thing for me, I'm pumped and looking forward to
the next trip down, what a place!!!!!!!!
Dave Haller #93 C/GAlt in the very soggy pacific northwest, gettin webbed
feet up here.