Re: Dyno Questions

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Dyno Questions
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:11:18 -0400
Keith,

I have had engines on dynos a few times. Much info can be gained in a
few pulls, but there is nothing like the "Great White Dyno" to give you
useful information for Bonneville. Even then conditions change hourly!

As for doing what the other guys have already determined to be "Gospel",
this will not likely give you an edge. I go by the proverb, "He who
walks on the beaten path leaves no tracks". I am a firm believer that
each motor has its own personality, so many elements come into play when
tuning an engine. At one time we ran 52 degrees BTC in our 302 at
Bonneville, it would not perform with less, but that would certainly
kill the motor we run today.

There are many theories, but we live in the real world! Good Luck!!!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC