454 Truck Motor

To: LAND-SPEED <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 454 Truck Motor
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 19:40:56 -0700
List, Does anybody have a really good cam and intake setup for their
tow-push truck? I just got an 87 chevy crewcab with a bad motor. I have
the 350 setup figured out but not the big motor. I have been told that
the gear ratio in the rear is the biggest help for milage. Anybody ever
done any testing on that? Any help will be appreciated as I really don't
have the time to fool around with another motor before Bonneville.
                        Doug Odom with another project and no time