Re: Oily Tidbit

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, Tom Neimeyer <3cbxs@ev1.net>,
Subject: Re: Oily Tidbit
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 06:11:11 -0700 (PDT)
OK, here's another possibility.  I ran Castrol
Syntec in a Honda four road racer for several
seasons and had no problems with it. I first used
it in a BMW road racer which had been running
organic oil.  When I changed to the syn, I had to
reset everything because the idle went up about
700 rpm.  My guess is, that meant less drag.
When I used it in the Honda, that was a fresh
engine and it never ran anything by syn.  I don't
know what the running temperatures were, but the
syn was great stuff. Probably very close to what
Mobil 1 is.

Dick J

--- ardunbill@webtv.net wrote:
> Tom, thanks for those thoughts, sure a blown
> air-cooled engine and its
> oil are  going to be "stinkin' hot" in a very
> short time.  My guess is
> that Mobil 1 (5w-50?)  would be good, anybody
> else out there have any
> opinions?  Bill

=====
......(In East Texas)........