Re: Dyno

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Dyno
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 12:48:47 -0500
Howdy,
         there already is one, it is a driveshaft yoke that is instrumented
with a load cell, and a data acquisition system. I think they are $3900
complete, and I >>think<< they are from Land and Sea dynos, if not, a
websearch should turn one up...

At 12:38 PM 5/10/00 , you wrote:
>Here's an interesting thought. What about a built in engine Dyno that is the
>foundation for the data acquisition system in your car. They ain't real
>cheep ($5,000+) but every run on the car is a dyno run. In real world
>conditions, based on weather, altitude etc. and not just sitting motionless
>in the shop. Besides collecting HP, Torque & RPM this thing also has 255 MPH
>speedo, accelerometer, air/fuel ratio, brake specific fuel, engine temp,
>exhaust gas temp, fuel flow turbine, fuel/manifold pressure, oil pressure,
>spark plug temp, radio broadcasting modem and G.P.S.
>     Aerodynamic changes should also show up as equal HP with increased
>speed.
>
>John Beckett, LSR #79

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316