Re: Dyno

To: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Dyno
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:36:43 -0400
    Mayf

    The fact is we already go to Maxton, El-Mirage or Bonneville "pre-tuned"
anyway. So why not see if the run was up to expectations. That way you can
adjust for the next run. Would imagine we have all gone back to the pits
after a full run wondering if a timing change, valve adjustment or cam
advance/retard would make an improvement. Of course any speed improvement
would tell you if the results were worth it, but the in-car-Dyno will give
you a TQ & HP curve that represents where the improvement occurred.
    If I had the bucks I'd put one in my car in a heart beat. This comming
from a guy who could'nt make his EFI run much over 150 MPH at Maxton last
week.

John Beckett, LSR #79