Re: Dyno

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dyno
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:38:26 -0400
Here's an interesting thought. What about a built in engine Dyno that is the
foundation for the data acquisition system in your car. They ain't real
cheep ($5,000+) but every run on the car is a dyno run. In real world
conditions, based on weather, altitude etc. and not just sitting motionless
in the shop. Besides collecting HP, Torque & RPM this thing also has 255 MPH
speedo, accelerometer, air/fuel ratio, brake specific fuel, engine temp,
exhaust gas temp, fuel flow turbine, fuel/manifold pressure, oil pressure,
spark plug temp, radio broadcasting modem and G.P.S.
    Aerodynamic changes should also show up as equal HP with increased
speed.

John Beckett, LSR #79