Fuel and Gas Class

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Fuel and Gas Class
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:51:45 -0700 (PDT)
Tom,
I was just cruisin through your website again and
noticed that you made the notation that you run
both gas and fuel under a single photo, which got
me thinking.  Do you run both gas and fuel in the
same motor?  Can you do it all at one meet? Or is
it a complete changeover from one meet to
another?  I have often wondered what the
differences between fuel and gas motors were. I
know that gas motors run common CRs in the 10:1 -
12:1 area, and alcohol runs something like 15:1.
What if they are blown motors, CR must be a lot
lower.  What about unblown nitro motor - what
kind of CR does that run?  And last, what about a
blown nitro motor - what CR do they run?

I guess what I'm asking is: can a single motor,
either blown or unblown, be built to run both
gasoline and nitro, or alcohol with just simple
changes like timing and jets?

=====
......(In East Texas)........
.Hemis and Flatheads Forever.