Dyno Time

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dyno Time
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:22:38 -0500
Been so excited about going to Muroc that I really haven't taken the time to
share the experience on the Chassis Dyno.

First and foremost this isn't Exactly like going racing.... It's a Bunch
Better!!! There isn't any pressure of the Drive and hassles associated with
it ... and changes are simple clean and Neat.   The opportunity to run
through the gears and test out the car as a System is outstanding.... oh and
for the first time I got to sit and stare at the gages....  Referencing one
to the other and checking out how each reacted to the different
Rpm's...(vaguely resembled a Hog looking at a wrist watch )..... I was
amazed at what happened when I opened up the secondaries on the Carb.....
the EGT went Straight down to 1300 and stayed there... ( Proving that the
Fuel system was at Fault not the carb.... and Dave Once again you were
absolutely Right)

If a Racer took his time and organized his Trip to the Dyno you could do it
exactly like you were going racing.... and each trip to a Chassis Dyno would
be like going to a Race with your car....   This is what the advent of the
ECTA did for Brad and I.... it gave us the opportunity to go racing here on
the East Coast.... if your too far from a Track.... let me recommend this
Chassis Dyno deal... you will be amazed at what you learn .... Great
experience and well worth the money....

Keith ( Yeah Rich I could get addicted to this Dyno thing... )