Re: Newbie's first start

To: Bill Bennett <benettw@earthlink.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie's first start
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:59:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Bill,
I enjoyed your WWW site and will check it often.
About that crew, it's not the basic salaries
(candy bars etc.) that you have to watch out for.
 As with any other major enterprise, the real
hidden costs are the employee benefits (nice
house, summer camp, fishing trips, college
education, etc) that run up production costs.
You might have been financially better off to
hire some off-season NASCAR mechanics.  ha ha ha
I've got the same kind of crew, and have relied
on them for years. Much better investment than
off season NASCAR bums anyway, they can't be
counted on from March 'till the end of NASCAR
season!  On the other hand, your crew is "loyal,
trustworthy, and dependable" ....uh, wait a
minute, that's something else isn't it?  I really
like your shop too - it's got shade trees just
like mine.  I wish you all the best of luck with
the project - building it is not half the fun -
with a crew like that - it's 99% of the fun!
Besides, once you fianlly start racing it, before
you know it, the crew will be pulling on a fire
suit, buckling into the harness, and bettering
your speeds anyhow!

=====
......(In East Texas)........
.Hemis and Flatheads Forever.