Re: POLICE RADAR--longish......

To: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>, Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: POLICE RADAR--longish......
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:32:14 -0700 (PDT)
--- Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net> wrote:
> Thanx Glen, I just throwed(sic) that out there
> for feed back, as a
> discussion on the merits of radar speed
> aquisitition reletive to
> angle/size/material......DK.

Don,
As great as radar is, it is not 100% fool proof.
It can sometimes get confused by multiple
targets.  It can even read vibrations off of
metal signs or sides of 18 wheelers that are not
vehicle speed readouts.  Never-the-less, radar is
99.9% correct.  During the many years that I
drove a black and white, when "running the gun" I
got some really fluky readings, but like most
other police officers, I tried to use my best
judgement.  I didn't write the guy that gave me a
666MPH readout in a school zone, but there may
well have been one or two that read out 72MPH
when they were really going 63MPH.  To those one
or two who got "nailed" when they didn't deserve
it, I figure it's a small paypack for the time
they should have gotten nailed and didn't.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
.Hemis and Flatheads Forever.