Hot Rod Article

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot Rod Article
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:38:49 -0400 (EDT)
Dick and List, whoops, sorry about the 23 Dodge roadster, not 32 Ford.
Got mixed up 'cause some time back we were talking about how much Ardun
heads stick out of the 32 Ford hood panels, compared with the 241 Dodge
Hemi.  Can't wait for you to get the car out to Maxton, Dick.  Hope you
can weld up eight straight pipes for it, that is the sound I like best.

FINALLY, today, after looking a dozen places the last three weeks, my
nearby "Wal-Mark" (as we call it here) proudly displayed the Sept. Hot
Rod Magazine.  And the article is great, a million dollars' worth of
free publicity.  Free except, of course, for Keith Turk's efforts and
expenses.  So now, there's no excuse for anybody who cares, not knowing
about East Coast Timing Association!!  And bringing their iron down and
running it.  So there!

Busy at the moment re-installing the electric priming pump into the feed
line of my Hilborn with a tee and check-valve, to make it easier to
handle on cold-starting like it was before I "improved" the fuel system.
I know, I know, some of my fellow Ardun magicians start their Hilborn
Arduns every time on gas no sweat, but I don't have 40 more years to
learn what they know.  Be pushing daisies way before then, most likely,
unless I can live to a hundred.  Regards from ArdunBill in the Great
Dismal Swamp, Chesapeake, VA