Old transmissions

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>, ardunbill@webtv.net,
Subject: Old transmissions
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
What I haven't been able to figure out is, there
are two solonoids on the tranmission. The
rearward one is the one the former owner wired to
a toggle, so it must put it into overdrive.  The
front solonoid had broken wires, so I don't know
where it went.  I'm thinking it might have been a
kickdown to force shift it back out of overdrive
for passing.  Both of the drive gears are
available on the shift lever called D1 and D2.
Anybody who knows anaything about these things,
please chime in.  I called the local transmission
shop and the guy is still in shock!

Dick J

=====
......(In East Texas)........