Explain the rules to me...

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Explain the rules to me...
From: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <Simon-Pierre.Smith@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:14:44 -0700
So I'm shopping for a burn suit for a streamliner motorcycle.  I can find all
sorts of SFI-15 suits around.  The rules require gloves and boots of equivalent
rating.  None of the gloves and boots I find have any rating at all.  Any good
sources?  Is there a different way of describing protection levels on gloves
and boots that I'm not getting?

I'm not actually too concerned about my safety.  My little 50cc rig will carry
so little fuel I think I'll be overprotected by the rules, but I'd hate to fail
tech because I'm missing a tag.

Another question.  I have a Snell 95 motorcycle helmet.  Is that OK for
streamliners or is a Snell car rated helmet required?

Any advice is welcome.

Simon-Pierre Smith