De-Salted

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: De-Salted
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:13:31 -0700
Now that I have the salt off everything & my stuff put away, I guess
SpeedWeek is officially over for me. I have to echo Keith's comments -
this was a great week for me, primarily due to the people I "met" on
this list. Won't even try to name them all but there were a few special
moments. Many thanks to Jerry Foster from Dallas for "crewing" for us.
Your help was a lot more valuable than you think. Pitting next to Keith
was like center-ring at Barnum & Baily. Enjoyed handing jets to Keith as
Dave directed the "tune" prior to the Big Bang becoming reality, no
longer theory (Did you say #84 Jet? I thought you wanted a #48!)  And
who can forget - Dahlgren: "Hey Keith, did you remember to turn on the
retard?"  Keith: "Oh yeah, thanks, I'll do it right now!"   Thanks to
the Amo clan for the Bend in the Road party - met some more really neat
people there, including SCTA & rescue people that are working while we
play- enjoyed talking with Mike Manghelli - SCTA is in good hands. Came
back with a number of ideas of how to go faster next time and already
looking forward to 2001!  Hey Keith! You know we could have changed out
that slug in half the time we spent looking at your motor & whining
about racer's luck.............
Ed