Timing Advance ? ?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing Advance ? ?
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:02:24 -0700 (PDT)
Somthing new for me to think about here.  I've
always thought in terms of  31 or 32 degrees of
total timing advance (street and strip).  40+
just seems outrageous to me.  I have to readjust
my thinking.  How do you set it to come in with
so much timing advance?  Surely you don't start
with 26-30 degrees of initial - it would blow the
starter out of it's hole, wouldn't it?  I'm using
a stock points ignition in my hemis, and a stock
GM HEI in the Chev.  Help!  Give me some guidance here.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
.Hemis and Flatheads Forever.

http://mail.yahoo.com/