Bonneville 2000

To: Barbara Hendricks <dannbarb@dol.net>, Jerry Truitt <truittjs@delanet.com>,
Subject: Bonneville 2000
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 09:41:39 +0000
What a trip!!! 18 days on the road, 5900 miles, 13 states, too many
different motels, gas stations, auto parts stores ( three breakdowns),
pizza and hamburger joints! BUT, Two Records and a RED HAT!!! Going 215
MPH out the back door is way too cool!! I'm still pinchin' myself!!!! (
Yes, Keith, The 'HAT' does have an adjustable head band...and I'm still
lettin' it out!!!)

It's hard to put the past four weeks into words. The thrash, the
anticipation, the trip out to "Landspeed Mecca", meeting so many of the
'list' folks, 4 am wake up calls, late night dinners and #50 sun
block!!! We did not get a chance to visit many other racers or even take
any pictures this year but we do go to B-ville to race... and we did!!!

I want to thank my partners, Lionel Williams and John Beckett for all
they have done.

joe ( still pinchin' myself and lettin' out the head band!!!)